It's so unlike homeschooling which is weird. I mean, like because, I homeschooled for about six years and knew every damn step of that way that it was the right thing to do. And now, that I'm putting my kids in school, I still feel that homeschooling was the only choice I would have made, should have made, no question.
Not a regret, no need for a "what purpose did this serve" cure. I had to homeschool in order to understand education like I do, I have the most excellent view on education that could ever be birthed, I absolutely had to walk the path. I'm better than the average citizen for that splurge alone. The things I now know, and will always know.
I get to compare and contrast from now on, which excites me. Totally turns me on, hey, I'm an education ho. I won't flat out criticize the school system for all the reasons I've justified homeschooling for in my head, been down that road. Instead, I get to witness its strengths and just tuck it inside me in case some day I need it, after I'm done relaxing in the gloriness of no longer being 100% responsible for every shred of my kids' educations. Quite the relief that is.
So, that said...what am I doing spending a moment of my free-time in half sure, half unsure land?
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment