Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My word is my word

Inches close to rebirthing the diabetes blog, figure I could address the sad fact that the more my daughter gets poked with unfair needles, the less I decide it actually hurts. The mind versus the material, and a mother involved no less.

Who am I to take that insult for granted, it's her burden, still. Oh, I allow a complaint here and there, poor soul it should have never been you. Only yesterday though did I actually ensure, "I'd take it away from you in a second, and have it entirely as my own wicked burden."

I waited to say it, because it wasn't until yesterday that I meant it. I'm that kind of person, I guess. Conviction and honor are so important to my territory, that it's a sin to say something to someone if you don't actually mean it. And so I didn't.

Horrible mom, or just human and selfish. Hmm, or still honest, and yes to a fault. I'd take it from her now though, and wouldn't even wish for a cure as part of the package. Too many other problems exist, and by the day I become less competitive.

No comments: