Wednesday, January 6, 2010

There's only one now

My current "now" only has 37 minutes left in it. Guess Fargo library's ahead of some curve, lucky for controlling-its-patrons Fargo. At least MY TOWN has SOME unknowns left in it. It could be weeks, or months even, until technology catches on and we get to be EQUAL to Fargo. As far as distrust of its citizens go.

Five minutes later, I'm left with 33...searching for the gratitude, believe me. Not expecting it, however, because unlike me, that's greedy. Just tolerant, of whatever the time-Gods decide it can handle, within some guidelines that make perfect sense, I'm sure.

It would be worse if that 31 minutes calling out to me wasn't even there, because then I REALLY wouldn't know how much time I have left on this controlling, and arrogant computer. So long as it never speaks directly to me, I'm happy.

I prefer the silence, because it affirms that I'M THE HUMAN, nothing complicated about our relationship there. Or the lack thereof, once my half hour of getting everything I expect, and nothing more finishes up. It's just easier on us both.

Nah, wouldn't call myself an actual friend of this computer. Just its slave...yes, I've arrived there.

No comments: