Thursday, March 18, 2010

La-la-la-luz (light)

Juan Taco, mi hermano, raised his children to be bilingual despite the objections of Papi (my dad). Nothing more irritating to a Grandpa than ninos forced to speak only Spanish, especially when Grandpa's a gringo.

My niece and nephew can speak Spanish, although without the support of the school system, they've fallen back. Someday, when Spanish becomes everybody's second language, or is permitted in los Estados Unidos as la lengua primera...then.

Doesn't really matter one way or the other to me. I'm just an aunt who plans to learn Spanish anyway, with the help of Rosetta Stone. Until then, I just attend open gym, try to relate to the moms around me...both here in internet-land, and in my own reality.

The way I look at it, sincerely, is I'm 36. Older and with more kids than some, but loving to be "that role model" who sabotages excellent parenting systems everywhere. Because I've never HAD twins to be proud of, only the ability to mess with their programs.

Programs obviously being hand-stamps, rhythmic gymnastics, and advertising. Of course.

No comments: