Monday, May 18, 2009

The Super Fool Shuffle

Yes, I learned it, did you? Being from Chicago and all, we had to learn it, otherwise Ditka would look ridiculous, a grown man acting as if football and gay dancing was a theme worth catching on to. It was in the eighties, and I was in grade school, what did I know.

I never should've let that dance disappear from my memory and just raised sweet children instead. My resume is like a thousand years old, and who in Congress looks at life experience and a vision for the betterment of America through rose-colored glasses, as any qualities worth hopping on an airplane and proving yourself for.

Maybe Earl, being kicked to the curb just for being old, his only consolation, a SAHM concerned that he knows he's still worth it, despite what "those are the ropes, and you're Canadian so..." bodes. I like being an online psychologist without a degree best. Because then, I can just encourage whoever I like at the time to be their best self...what, like I actually picture myself dining with Earl and Levine in NY sometime. Whatever!

Earl would just keep staring at me, and I'd have to pretend he doesn't really look that old. And that I don't already know what he's thinking from reading his blog for so many years. I'd probably bring up Dr. M more times than I should, a healthy buffer. But I DO like Dr. M, I like anyone I can learn from, being Earl's wife already means I respect her.

Earl knows this about me, I can be trusted to act in his stupid plays if that's the only route his career can ever imagine itself going on, being so old now like he is, and probably even getting a little fat. I'd never make Earl feel bad for being powerless in his own industry, I might make fun of him in my blog, but that's it.

I'd leave his comment box out of it though, that's HIS space, and I'd totally respect that. I should probably go read his blog now and see what he's thinking. I'd guess exactly what I am, Earl's delusional and tuned in to necromancy like that.

No comments: