With all the talented and powerful out there, trying out new sounds that amaze and delight, someone's got to remind their own selves that they're just a blogger who waits to buy her CD's on sale. Not because $13 is so expensive, just that $11.98 makes its own statement.
It says, as many times as it wants to...John Mayer's CD sounded pretty much how John Mayer always sounds. Well, except for two songs that showed his potential. Can't decide if I just prefer the John Mayer who doesn't belong to anybody, and needs no one to belong to him.
Or, if it just surprised me to hear someone's whole voice for once, and wonder what else he'd have to say. If he weren't so depressed and longing all the time, waiting forever for a real live "I totally get you" girl. Not many of those just laying around.
That, I assure you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment